Tuesday 14 April 2015

Stash Time

     Art quilts are so much easier to work on compared to bed quilts although they seem to be taking about the same length of time to create (unless I decide to hand quilt a bed quilt ... then that takes me forever!)
     The stacks of fabric in the cubicles is a bit overwhelming. I really do not need that much fabric to make art quilts and it puts a damper on going to a fabric store when you really DO NOT NEED to buy anything.  I think it is time to wean the stacks to a more manageable size .... Charity & Comfort quilts to the rescue.  I seldom take pictures of the quilts I give away.

     These two headed to the IWK (hosptial) for infants - premies. A couple years ago, I challenged myself to creating one Charity quilt per month ... I think I should do that again to help use up some scrap and stash piles.
     This one I made for fun from strips and black triangles. It was given to Bryony House (shelter for abused women & families). The coloured sections were long strips of 3 colours each, cut into 45 degree triangles and sewn to the black triangles. Then the fun begins mixing the blocks into multiple patterns. The border was created with the leftover ends after cutting out the triangles. I had a few blocks left over ... they were pieced into the backing. 
     Time to attack the stash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment