Monday 27 April 2015

Good News

Well, it is almost all good news ... the downside is, it is snowing AGAIN! I know it will melt soon, but it is the last week of April ... the sun should be shining so my crocuses come up!

Mayflower QG has a retreat in Sept this year; there are 3 awesome teachers (Karen Kay Buckley, Ana Buzzalino and Laurie Swim). Laurie, an awesome art quilter, was my first choice and I found out this past weekend, that I will be in Laurie's class. I am hoping I can get some help on water, waves and fog in art quilts, but anything she teaches will be an asset for my skills.

AND then another email came ... the Structures quilt "Crossing the HRM" (the 5 bridges) was accepted in the SAQA Atlantic Canada show!! 25 quilts out of the 34 entered were accepted for the show.  The venues at the moment are:

Art Gallery of St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish Nova Scotia, June 1 to July 15

Gallery at the Guild, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, August 19 to 30, 2015

Inverness County Centre for the Arts Gallery, Inverness, Nova Scotia, September 27 to October 18, 2015

Saint John Arts Centre, Saint John New Brunswick, January 15 to March 4, 2016

Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Yarmouth Branch, Nova Scotia, March 15 to April 30 2016


Just for a little creative fun, I have been making some items for Charlotte: some bibs, pull-on pants with feet and this bonnet. My daughter found the pattern on Purlbee ... and once we figured out that we had forgotten to put the centre panel in & corrected our mistake, the reversible hat worked perfectly!
 I think C. is going to need a couple more bonnets to match her outfits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment