Thursday 5 February 2015

Throwback Thursday

On Facebook, there are a number of people who post pictures of years ago ... an event called "Throwback Thursdays". I was thinking I could do that too ... but using quilts (both bed quilts & art quilts from previous months and years.) So here is the first one:
I joined SAQA-Atlantic Canada in 2011. The first Art Quilt Show they had at the Mary E Black Gallery in Halifax was in 2012. The topic: Rooted. I created an art quilt called "Uprooted" depicting a tree with its roots wrapped around the British Isles and its branches spreading across Canada; a reflection of my family's and many other immigrants travels in the 1700s & 1800s.  On the first day of the show, 'Uprooted" sold to a family whose immigrant history was similar to mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment