Wednesday 17 June 2015

Ready for Binding

     I am currently sketching out ideas for a SAQA call for entry: "My Corner of the World" ... this is taking a little longer than I thought because there are so many things that could fit into this category!
     At first, I thought of continuing on the Group of Seven theme ... the corner of the world where I grew up, and then I thought of something sea-worthy since I now live in Nova Scotia, and I did enjoy doing the bridges (currently in a SAQA Atlantic Canada show) to possibly continue with that theme but with some different bridges ... and then ....  this needs more thinking. :-)

     I was originally hand-quilting the quilt below, but it had not progressed very far in the past year, so I took out quilting, and sent the quilt top & backing off to TLC Quilt Studio in Bedford ... my peach - star quilt is now covered with dragonflies dancing across the flowers! Awesome job, Bruce!
     The quilt is 96 X 79 1/2 ... before the binding.
     I don't have enough of the olive green for the binding ... well, I did at one point but I ended up using it in something else before I remembered why I was saving it. Hopefully I can find something else suitable without having to purchase more fabric. One of the hardest parts of trying to use up one's stash is NOT going out and buying more fabric to coordinate with what you already own!!


No comments:

Post a Comment