Saturday 9 May 2015

Sold a Quilt

     I put 3 quilts in the Centreville Quilt & Rug show that was held this weekend (actually, Friday and Saturday) ... and I sold one!! Yipee!! More money for fabric.
     The one that sold I named "Fall Bouquet" based on the pattern Winner's Bouquet by Akinson Designs. The top was machine-pieced and it was one of my early attempts at trying to machine quilt a queen-sized quilt top on my Husqvarna Viking. I am glad the 'throat' of the sewing machine is larger than regular sewing machines, but it really wasn't large enough to work on a queen-size. It was also a challenge getting the little points at the end of the curves to fit correctly ...
     Finished size was 102 X 88 -- beautiful fall colours.
     I have a few more quilt tops that need to be quilted, but anything larger than a twin bed will be sent off to a machine-quilter.
     There was a nice 'small' Husqvarna quilting machine at the show ... a Platinum 16 ... that would have been nice to bring home if I had a spare $7000+.  But if I am currently concentrating on smaller quilts, it is hard to justify the expense of a machine to do bed quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment